Hotfrog recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Hotfrog will only collect and use your personal information as set out below.
Collection of information
The four main ways we collect personal information about you are:
- when information about you is posted on a website, either by you or by a third party;
- when you log into a Hotfrog website or otherwise submit personal information to Hotfrog ;
- when you use a Hotfrog website, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to that website, such as your IP address; and
Third party consent
In addition, we may collect your personal information when you have given your consent to another party who holds personal information about you to allow us access to that personal information.
The type of information that we collect from you may include the following: your name, phone number, address, email address, company position/title, credit card details, IP address, cookies, personal information that you include in your business profile or personal information that you email/send using email functionality on a Hotfrog website.
Using and disclosing your personal information
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to:
- provide you with a better service experience with content and advertising that is more relevant to your interests; and
- create a business information database and associated content for use as part of Hotfrog’s online business. Whilst Hotfrog’s business information database is designed to operate as a business directory (not a directory of individuals) it is possible that personal information may become included in the business information database.
Hotfrog will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is for one of the purposes described above or otherwise permitted by this policy;
- it is required or permitted by law (including by relevant privacy laws);
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Hotfrog website user, any member of the public or Hotfrog; or
- any of the assets and/or operations of Hotfrog are being transferred to another party.
If you do not provide requested information, Hotfrog may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of sections of the Hotfrog website.
Sometimes, the activities described above require us to share your personal information with other organisations. The types of situations in which Hotfrog usually discloses personal information, and the types of organisations to which such disclosure is usually made, include the following:
The business information database is available via the internet to any member of the public. It is also disclosed in its entirety to Hotfrog’s related entities and to other entities with whom Hotfrog has a business relationship, as part of Hotfrog’s online business.
Hotfrog discloses personal information to its service providers, advisers and other entities with whom Hotfrog has a business relationship, in the course of operating the Hotfrog websites and Hotfrog online business and in the course of delivering the Hotfrog services.
In order to provide you the most worthwhile experience of our websites , Hotfrog may use your personal information to send you information and product updates about Hotfrog websites and services, or other parties’ products and services, or to permit other parties to send other information about products or services which may be of interest to you.
We may contact you at any email or other address or contact point which we have collected or obtained in order to:
- contact you about your business profile or other content such as reviews which you have posted on a Hotfrog website;
- provide you with updated information about Hotfrog websites; or
- provide you with other information about other products or services which you may enjoy.
If you are receiving promotional information from Hotfrog and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by contacting the Hotfrog Privacy Officer at Contact us and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
Access to the information we hold
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you by making a request to the Hotfrog Privacy Officer via Contact us. We will provide you with access unless we are legally authorised not to do so.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us by emailing our Hotfrog Privacy Officer at Contact us . If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above.
We will take all reasonable steps to change or delete information in response to such a request. If there is a reason that we cannot make that change or deletion, we will inform you of that reason.
Storage and security of your personal information
Hotfrog will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. You should note that the internet is not a secure method of transmitting information and, as such, we are not responsible for the security of any information sent or received over the internet.
Please note that Hotfrog may use overseas facilities including but not limited to in the US and Australia, to store, process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities. However, this does not change our commitment to keep your information secure.
Third party websites
Hotfrog Privacy Officer at Contact us